Pages

Announcing my new Exhibition based on Cactuses and Succulents

'Succulent Lover" An Exhibition by Daniel Stevens
Launch Party at Tottenham Social Pop Ups at Craving Coffee
Unit 3, Gaunson House, Markfield Road, N15 4QQ
Friday 3rd August 2018 from 5pm
Exhibition runs 3rd August - 2nd September 2018, Free entry

I'm excited to announce that on the 3 August, I will be launching my first ever exhibition (befittingly in a coffee shop.) The exhibition features over 15 different watercolour paintings based on cactuses and succulents; the culmination of a years’ worth of work.  The paintings range from traditional illustrations to complete abstract representations. Works are in a variety of sizes – from 8x9cm ‘Mini Cactus Worlds’ to the massive 60x84cm ‘Cactus Galaxy.’

For those who've been following my artistic journey, you'll know how big a deal this is to me personally. A little over two years ago, I started doing something which I hadn't done for over a decade - I picked up a pen and started drawing again. Inspired by a chance encounter with Dan, the founder of creative company Scriberia and Jenny, a regular at the Gentlemen Baristas coffee shop.

This exhibition is the culmination of over two years of dedicated self-taught work; mostly done within London coffee shops. From learning basic techniques to understanding paper types for producing high quality digital prints. I'm incredibly excited and nervous to finally exhibit my work thanks to Matt and Rachel - the owners of Craving Coffee. For those of who don't know, Craving Coffee offer their coffee shop completely for free to emerging artists on a monthly basis. I can't thank them enough for this opportunity. 

You can buy custom limited edition prints from my Etsy shop. I'd love to see many of you there as possible - Craving Coffee throw amazing launch parties for their artists (and I'm also taking the opportunity to celebrate my 30th birthday). My next series will be much more befitting for this blog, I'll be painting 10 different London coffee shop storefronts - so do keep an eye out!